Tips to help you buy your first home
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make, so it pays to make an informed decision. I will assist you with the entire home buying process from the moment you decide to buy your home to the moment you move into your new home!
Why work with me? I will assist you in the home buying process by:
- explaining the various mortgage products available to you and provide you advice on the product best suited for your financial circumstances;
- advising you on the documentation you must provide to obtain a mortgage approval;
- customizing your mortgage options to make sure your mortgage works for you;
- and explaining all the costs that exist over and above your down payment.
Put together your home buying team
It helps to organize your home buying team of professionals to assist you with the process at the start. Your home buying team includes myself, your Realtor, a home inspector, a lawyer or notary and an insurance agent!
KEY POINTS TO CONSIDER: Here are several key points to keep in mind as you start the home-buying process and how working with a mortgage broker can help you. Keep in mind, in most instances, my services are no cost to you with no risk and obligation.
- Know what you can affordGet a rate guarantee of up to four months
- Ensure all credit approval documentation are in place sooner than later including documentation required for different income types i.e. salaried vs. self-employed
- Open vs. closed mortgage, fixed rate vs. variable rate mortgage
- Conventional vs. high-ratio mortgageLength of repayment (amortization) – up to 30 yrs
- Your mortgage term – from 6 months to 10 years
- Other costs you need to consider such as legal fees, land transfer tax, survey, title insurance, fire insurance, home inspection and HST
Overwhelmed? Let’s chat and I will clarify each one of these points for you! Together we can review your options and create a mortgage financing plan that works for you.